’19 Mazda MX-5 Miata: Updates for the new year!
There’s absolutely nothing that compares to driving a ’19 Mazda MX-5 Miata. For the new model year, Mazda engineers developed a few great new features. Keep reading for details!
All of us here at Beach Mazda know the ’19 Mazda MX-5 Miata is a super awesome roadster. The new MX-5 is now quicker and more responsive. It aims to be even more appealing to drive. Of course, it adheres to Mazda’s Jinba Ittai engineering ideology. The ’19 Mazda MX-5 Miata now offers seventeen percent more power and better fuel efficiency than the 2018 model.
Here are just a few of the improvements for the 2019 model:
- Available brown soft top for MX-5 Grand Touring models
- New, standard tilt/telescoping steering column with 30mm of telescoping and 42mm of tilt range
- Also, new aluminum steering column to save weight versus the previous steel unit
- New standard rearview camera
- Newer available package options at each trim level
- Available Traffic Sign Recognition
- Available Smart City Brake Support low-speed automatic emergency braking
MX-5 Miata Sport
The MX-5 Miata Sport remains the entry point of the MX-5 Miata group. It’s offered exclusively with a black soft top. Other standard features include:
- LED headlights and tail lights
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- cloth seats
- dual power side mirrors
- power windows
- a 6-speaker audio system including headrest speakers
- Bluetooth phone pairing and audio streaming; two USB audio inputs; MAZDA CONNECTTM infotainment with a 7-inch monitor that features both touchscreen and Commander control functions
- a leather-wrapped steering wheel
- parking brake and shifter knob
- steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry.
- It can also be supplemented with the i-ACTIVSENSE Sport Package that adds low-speed Smart City Brake Support automatic emergency braking, Lane-Departure Warning and Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Grand Touring & Club models
Building upon MX-5 Sport is the more luxurious MX-5 Grand Touring and MX-5 Club models. Both are offered as soft tops as well as in MX-5 RF—retractable fastback—configurations.
MX-5 Grand Touring upgrades from the base MX-5 Sport with:
- 17-inch dark silver wheels, as well as
- body-color interior trim
- auto on/off headlights
- an auto-dimming driver’s side mirror, as well as
- rain-sensing windshield wipers
- automatic climate control
- auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink®, as well as
- heated, leather-trimmed seats
- a 9-speaker BOSE®Premium audio system
- a fabric-lined soft top for greater sound insulation, as well as
- Sirius XM Satellite radio with a 4-month trial subscription
- Mazda Navigation
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, as well as
- new Traffic Sign Recognition
- Adaptive Front-lighting System
- High Beam Control, as well as
- Lane-Departure Warning
- Smart City Brake Support
New GT-S Package
Mazda will offer a new GT-S Package for MX-5 Grand Touring models equipped with the SKYACTIV-MT 6-speed manual transmission, equipping those models with a front shock tower brace, limited-slip rear differential and Bilstein dampers.
MX-5 Club models continue the two-pronged, higher-trim strategy, offering a harder-edged foil to the MX-5 Grand Touring. MX-5 Club builds upon MX-5 Sport with standard:
- Bilstein dampers
- shock tower brace and limited-slip rear differential in models equipped with the SKYACTIV-MT transmission
All other MX-5 Club models receive standard:
- heated cloth seats with red contrast stitching, as well as
- body-color interior trim
- Metallic Black alloy 17-inch wheels, as well as
- front air dam and rear lip spoilers
- a 9-speaker BOSE®Premium audio system, as well as
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with a 4-month trial subscription
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
MX-5 Club models are available with an i-ACTIVSENSE Club Package that comes with Smart City Brake Support and Lane-Departure Warning. All ’19 MX-5 Miata come standard in the U.S. with a SKYACTIV-G 2.0-liter engine that produces 181 horsepower at 7,000 rpm and 151 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm.
By all means, check it out Now at Beach Mazda!