2018 Mazda CX-5: An Introduction
Everyone who has seen the 2018 Mazda CX-5 has fallen in love with it. You want to know why? Because it continues to offer drivers many of the updates and refinement of more expensive SUVs without putting a sizable hole in your pocket. Keep reading for all the details!
Best Selling Vehicle
The Mazda CX-5 is Mazda’s best-selling vehicle here in the United States. It’s been named among Car and Driver’s 10Best 2018 Trucks and SUVs and as a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). For this year, Mazda has further improved on the efficiency and performance of the CX-5. There’s new cylinder-deactivation technology the reduces fuel consumption by shutting down two outside cylinders. In North America, Mazda is the only automaker to offer this type of technology.
- 2.5-liter four-cylinder SKYACTIV™-G engine
- 187 horsepower at 6,000 rpm
- 186 lb-ft torque at 4,000 rpm
- SKYACTIV™-DRIVE 6-speed automatic
- Front-Wheel Drive or available i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive
- Standard G-Vectoring Control vehicle dynamic enhancement
- Standard cylinder-deactivation
Newly Standard for 2018:
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert now standard on all models, as well as
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel now standard
- Leather-wrapped shift knob is now standard, not to mention
- 19-inch alloy wheels (CX-5 Touring trim level and above)
- Automatic on/off headlights (CX-5 Touring trim level and above), as well as
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers (CX-5 Touring trim level and above)
- Full i-ACTIVSENSE suite is now standard on CX-5 Touring models: High Beam Control, Lane Departure Warning, Lane-Keep Assist, Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop and, not to mention, Go function and Smart Brake Support (CX-5 Touring trim level and above)
- 2-position memory driver’s seat (CX-5 Grand Touring trim level)
- 6-way power adjustable passenger seat (CX-5 Grand Touring trim level)
New Equipment for 2018
New Sport i-ACTIVSENSE Package (previously only available on CX-5 Touring model): High Beam Control, Lane Departure Warning, Lane-Keep Assist, Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop and Go function, Smart Brake Support, automatic on/off headlights, rain-sensing windshield wipers
Are you ready for a test drive yet? Beach Mazda has an excellent selection of 2018 Mazda CX-5 in stock. Give us a call today so our Mazda experts can help you decide which one is right for you!