2019 Mazda3 Earns the “TOP SAFETY PICK” Award!
Just recently, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) announced the 2019 Mazda3 earned the “TOP SAFETY PICK” award. This goes for both the sedan and the hatchback! Keep reading for the details!
FUN and SAFE
The 2019 Mazda3 is a fantastic and SAFE vehicle to drive. The hatchback earned the award with its standard equipment. The sedan qualified when it came equipped with the optional front crash prevention technology.
In order to qualify as a 2019 TOP SAFETY PICK, a vehicle must earn GOOD rating in the following tests:
- Driver-side small overlap front
- Moderate overlap front
- Roof strength
- Head restraints
It must also earn a GOOD or ACCEPTABLE rating in the passenger-side small overlap front test. The vehicle must also earn an ADVANCED or SUPERIOR rating for front crash prevention. A GOOD or ACCEPTABLE headlight rating is also required.
The Mazda3 was redesigned for this model year. It was rated for the very time with the newest IIHS crash test configurations. This is the passenger-side small overlap front test. Both the hatchback and the sedan earned a GOOD rating in this particular test.
Standard in the 2019 Mazda3 hatchback, and all Select, Preferred, and Premium packages for the sedan, are:
- Mazda’s superior-rated front crash prevention system
- Smart Brake Support, which detects and responds to vehicles and pedestrians. The system avoided collisions in 12 mph and 25 mph IIHS track tests.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keep Assist
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- automatic on/off LED headlights with High Beam Control
- rain-sensing windshield wipers.
- Driver Attention Alert, has also been added. This system alerts the driver when it detects driver fatigue or decreased attentiveness.
“Mazda constantly has an eye on the future, and we are dedicated to providing our drivers with advanced vehicles that build driver confidence,” said MNAO President Jeff Guyton. “This IIHS recognition is a testament to the efficacy of Mazda’s Proactive Safety Philosophy and we will continue to strive to meet the highest safety standards.”