2019 Mazda6 Earns IIHS Top Safety Pick
Mazda brings home yet another award! It was just recently announced that the 2019 Mazda6 earned the “TOP SAFETY PICK” award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) when it is equipped with specific headlights. Keep reading for all the details!
In order to qualify as a 2019 TOP SAFETY PICK from the IIHS, the vehicle has to earn good rating in the driver-side small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraint tests. It also must earn a good or acceptable rating in the passenger-side small overlap front test. Along with these requirements, the vehicle must also earn an advanced or superior rating for front crash prevention and a good or acceptable headlight rating.
If you can believe it, the 2019 Mazda6 received good ratings in all six of the crash-worthiness evaluations.
Here’s how it did it. The 2019 Mazda6 comes standard with the i-Activsense suite of safety features. If you are not familiar with i-Activsense safety features, they include:
- Advanced Smart City Brake Support with Pedestrian Detection
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane-Keeping Assist
- Smart Brake Support
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with stop and go function
Mazda designs its vehicles with the driver in mind. Taking an active approach to safety gives the driver more peace of mind, which makes driving more fun,“ said Mazda President Jeff Guyton. Confident driving is better driving, and the updates to the 2019 Mazda6 show Mazda’s commitment to providing our customers with advanced safety technologies. “
Mazda6 Trim Levels
Deciding on which trim is best for you can be tough, but we at Beach Mazda can help. Here’s a closer look at the Mazda6 Sedan configurations and features:
- Mazda6 Sport – includes a 187-hp 2.5L 4-cylinder engine, SKYACTIV® Drive 6-speed manual transmission with sport mode, a rearview camera, rear cross-traffic alert, and MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment system with an 8-inch touchscreen.
- Mazda6 Touring – includes 19-inch wheels, power sliding glass moonroof, a 6-way power driver’s seat, heated front seats, a sunroof, and leatherette trimmed sports seat.
- Mazda6 Grand Touring – includes a 250-hp 2.5L turbo 4-cylinder engine, Bose® Centerpoint2® Surround Sound audio system with AudioPilot® and 11-speaker sound system, satellite radio, leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters, and navigation.
- Mazda6 Grand Touring Reserve – includes heated steering rear seats, ventilated seats, a power passenger seat, automatic power-folding side mirrors, leather seating, and adaptive headlights.
- Mazda6 Signature – includes a front grille in Gunmetal finish, wood interior trim, Nappa leather seating, LED interior lighting, a surround-view camera, and front and rear parking sensors.