The 2016 Mazda CX-5 vs. the 2016 Honda CR-V
Ladies and gentlemen, Beach Mazda introduces you to the 2016 Mazda CX-5, a car designed to pack the most punch, feature the most exciting technologies, and offer up the very best in safety. In order to see just how unique this new Mazda is, though, simply compare it to one of its competitors, the 2016 Honda CR-V.
Colossal Engine Power
First thing’s first: the CX-5 is one of the season’s most high-performing vehicles.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 – With its SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY G 2.5L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with VVT, the CX-5 gives you 184 hp and produces 185 lb-ft of torque, but it also realizes 26 mpg in the city and 33 on the highway with front-wheel-drive, and 24 mpg in the city and 30 on the highway with all-wheel-drive.
- The 2016 Honda CR-V – The CR-V’s In-Line Aluminum Alloy 4-cylinder engine, on the other hand, gets 185 hp, as well as some solid efficiency levels, too. Yet the CR-V is much more expensive than the CX-5, meaning that you’re getting much more from your money in the Mazda.
What’s more, though, the CX-5 is astonishingly smart.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 – The CX-5 features a 9-speaker Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound audio system to keep the tunes playing, but it also promises an AudioPilot system as well as a 7-inch color touch screen and MAZDA CONNECT™ to keep you and your passengers plugged in and connected at all times along the drive.
- The 2016 Honda CR-V – Even if the CR-V provides a Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System and a 7-inch display screen audio system, it does not boast the CX-5’s MAZDA CONNECT™ device.
Oh, and one more thing: this is a phenomenally safe car.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 – Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control? Yes. Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert? Uh huh. A Tire Pressure Monitoring System? A Keyless Remote Panic Button? Airbags galore? Yep, yep, and of course. Not only this, but the CX-5 also provides a Forward Crash Prevention system that won it a Superior Rating and a Top Safety Pick+ (TSP+) award from the IIHS.
- The 2016 Honda CR-V – Okay, the CR-V does provide some similar systems—a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera, for example, as well as Vehicle Stability Assist, Forward Collision Warning and Collision Mitigation Braking—but it did not receive a Superior Rating from the IIHS.
Visit Beach Mazda to Test Drive the 2016 Mazda CX-5
You can explore all the power, smarts, and safety of the 2016 Mazda CX-5 simply by visiting our Beach Mazda dealership today. Find us at 851 Jason Blvd in Myrtle Beach, or get in touch over telephone by calling (843) 839-8169. If you’re interested in getting a response ASAP you can also email us directly with this online form. Find out why everybody’s talking about the 2016 Mazda CX-5 at Beach Mazda!