The 2016 Mazda CX-5 vs. the 2016 Subaru Forester
When enumerating all the various perks made available by the 2016 Mazda CX-5, it’s honestly hard to know where to start—or where to end! In addition to giving drivers access to one of the great engines, the CX-5 also boasts a wide range of exciting technologies as well as a selection of safety devices that are designed to keep you and everybody else on board as safe as possible. Just compare the Mazda CX-5 to one of its competitors, the 2016 Subaru Forester, to see how the CX-5 excels.
First of all, the CX-5 is a stunningly powerful vehicle.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 – The 2016 Mazda CX-5 runs on a SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY 2.5L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with VVT that produces 184 hp and generates 185 lb-ft of torque as well. Meanwhile, the CX-5 promises awesome fuel efficiency: when outfitted with front-wheel-drive, the Mazda realizes 26 mpg in the city and 33 on the highway, while with all-wheel drive, it gets 24 mpg in the city and 30 on the highway.
- The 2016 Subaru Forester – The Forester is powered by a 2.5L H4 16-valve DOHC engine, but it can only get 170 hp and 174 lb-ft of torque, and only 22 mpg in the city and 29 on the highway.
In addition, the Mazda CX-5 also gives you a broad spectrum of thrilling technologies.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 – Along with its unique Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound audio system, which features 9 speakers, the CX-5 provides drivers and passengers with a MAZDA CONNECT™ system that allows you to plug your smartphones directly into your Mazda, giving you access to all your own music as well as a selection of your own apps, too.
- The 2016 Subaru Forester – Though the Forester provides a SUBARU STARLINK system and Bluetooth systems for smartphone connectivity, the Forester does not offer up a Bose Surround Sound system.
Lastly, the CX-5 is also an impressively safe vehicle, offering drivers a range of dependable safety systems as well.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 – As well as an assemblage of airbags that includes front side-impact airbags, side-impact air curtains, and advanced front air bags, the CX-5 also features Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control to keep your car stable at high speeds on the highway, and Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems that alert you to the presence of vehicles in your blind spot. Further, the CX-5 gives you a Keyless Remote Panic Button that enables you to respond as soon as possible when something does go wrong.
- The 2016 Subaru Forester – Sure, the Forester gives you Dual Front Air Bags, Front-Seat-Impact Air Bags, and Front Fog Lights, but it does not boast a Keyless Remote Panic Button.
Test Drive the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Today!
Oh wait: one more thing! You don’t even have to trust us about what makes the Mazda CX-5 so special. Just stop by our Beach Mazda dealership to explore this vehicle in even more depth. Located at 851 Jason Blvd. In Myrtle Beach, we can also be reached at 843-839-8169 or via this easy-to-complete online form, too! Get on down to Beach Mazda while there’s still time to explore the new Mazda CX-5!