2016 Mazda CX-5 vs. 2016 Toyota RAV4
When it comes to automotive excellence, the 2016 Mazda CX-5 has it all! It’s an SUV that delivers superb performance with safety and technology features that far-exceed one’s expectations. The trims also have a great price range, and provide impressive fuel mileage, so that its value continues as time goes on. It’s always the top choice, especially when compared alongside the likes of competitors such as the 2016 Toyota RAV4. However, to be sure, let’s compare these two cars a little closer.
Pricing and Fuel Mileage
Pricing and fuel mileage numbers are quite favorable for the 2016 Mazda CX-5, and add to its value:
- 2016 Mazda CX-5: The three trims for the 2016 Mazda CX-5 have an MSRP range of $21,795 – $28,570. Their EPA-estimated mpgs are also nice, with 25 city and 33 highway for FWD, and 24 city and 30 highway for AWD.
- 2016 Toyota RAV4: Even though six trims for the 2016 Toyota RAV4 mean more options, they don’t offer much beyond higher costs and lesser EPA-estimates. The MSRP range is $24,910 – $34,750, with 23 city and 30 highway for FWD, and 22 city and 28 highway for AWD.
Stand-out performance capabilities make the 2016 Mazda CX-5 the wiser choice for everyday driving:
- 2016 Mazda CX-5: Both DOHC with VVT engines, the 155-hp 2.0L with 150 lb. ft. torque, and the 184-hp 2.5L with 185 lb. ft. torque have the SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY to make the 2016 Mazda CX-5 a powerhouse wherever you take it. Six-speed SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY transmission and a maximum towing capacity of 2,000 lbs. are other noteworthy reasons why this SUV is so popular and perfect for drivers in our region.
- 2016 Toyota RAV4: Taking the 2016 Toyota RAV4 out on the road doesn’t have the luster it should, given its 176-hp 2.5L engine with 172 lb. ft. torque. Standard six-speed transmission and a 1,750 lbs. towing capacity also diminish the tough-as-nails essence this SUV should have.
Comfortability is a key distinction of the 2016 Mazda CX-5:
- 2016 Mazda CX-5: It’s easy to maneuver the 2016 Mazda CX-5, with its 178.7” length, 72.4” width, 65.7” height, and 8,5” ground clearance. Inside is just as comfortable, with 40.1” front and 39” rear head room without the moonroof, 57.5” front and 55.5” rear shoulder room, and 55.2 front and 53.7” rear hip room.
- 2016 Toyota RAV4: The 183.5” length, 72.6” width, and 65.9” height make it more difficult to navigate the 2016 Toyota RAV4.through crowded or tight spots. Ground clearance also disappoint, at 6.1”. Dissatisfaction carries through on the inside, with front 39.8”, 57.3”, and 54.3” and rear 38.9”, 55.4”, and 48.9” head, shoulder, and hip rooms, respectively.
Check out the 2016 Mazda CX-5 at Beach Mazda
Come in to Beach Mazda, located at 851 Jason Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC., and see for yourself how awesome the 2016 Mazda CX-5 truly is! You can also call us at 843-839-8169, or message us online to schedule a test drive, and experience for yourself how it excels over the 2016 Toyota RAV4!