2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport vs. 2016 Subaru BRZ
Ladies and gentlemen, please join us in welcoming one of the season’s best new cars, the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport. As the baseline trim of the simply stunning Mazda MX-5 Miata, the Sport offers drivers an abundance of power and high rates of efficiency, as well as a collection of exciting technologies and a broad range of safety devices and systems as well. Still having doubts? Just compare the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport to one of its rivals: the 2016 Subaru BRZ.
Power and Performance
The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport is first and foremost a beast of a machine, with a ruggedly powerful engine that promises high rates of horsepower:
- The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport – Running on a 2.0L I4 16-Valve Dual Overhead Cam engine with manual transmission that can generate as much as 155 hp and achieve 148 lb-ft of torque, the Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport also boasts an efficiency rate of 27 mpg in the city and 34 mpg in the highway. At the same time, this car offers rear-wheel-drive, excellent balance, and an especially light-weight build, thereby guaranteeing that you’re going to get maximal speed.
- The 2016 Subaru BRZ – The BRZ, on the other hand, runs on a 2.0L Direct-Injected Subaru Boxer Engine that only gets a paltry 100 hp and 151lb-ft of torque compare to the Miata.
Likewise, the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport also features a range of exciting technologies:
- The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport – For example, the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport comes with MAZDA CONNECT™ for connectivity, as well as a 9-speaker Bose Audio System for astonishingly high-quality sound, and voice-activated controls, allowing you top operate this car without even taking your hands off the wheel.
- The 2016 Subaru BRZ – The BRZ gives you Subaru Starlink In-Vehicle technology, as well as a 7-inch voice-sensitive touch screen and Bluetooth hands-free technology, but no 9-speaker Bose audio, and no MAZDA CONNECT™ system.
Finally, the Mazda is outfitted with a selection of safety systems designed to keep you as safe as possible on the road.
- The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport – Not only does it give you front side airbags, passenger airbags, and a driver airbag, but it also comes equipped with side guard door beams and a Tire Inflation/Pressure Monitor to allow you to keep tabs on the status of your tires without even exiting the cabin.
- The 2016 Subaru BRZ – The BRX offers a decent Security System and Vehicle Stability Control, but no side guard door beams.
Explore All That the New 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport Has to Offer!
Best of all, you can explore the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport for yourself by checking out our Beach Mazda dealership, which you can find at 851 Jason Boulevard in Myrtle Beach. Here, we’ll take you for a test drive in this exciting car, and you’ll be able to experience all its power, tech, and safety for yourself. You can also arrange a test drive by calling 843-839-8169 or by sending us an email with this online form. Don’t delay: visit Beach Mazda today to test drive the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport!