2016 Mazda3 vs. 2016 Volkswagen Jetta
The 2016 Mazda3 is a popular choice for drivers in our region because of its terrific pricing and super-charged performance. It has the spirit of a sports car nestled within a hearty compact frame, and clearly excels over other competitors in its class. One of its competitors, the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta, pales in comparison to the features and design of the Mazda3. Don’t believe us? Let’s compare these two cars a little closer.
2016 Mazda3: The 2016 Mazda3 comes with three distinct and affordable trim level options:
- 2016 Mazda3 i Sport
- 2016 Mazda3 i Touring
- 2016 Mazda3 i Grand Touring
2016 Volkswagen Jetta: Although the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta has one more trim than the Mazda3, it doesn’t offer anything substantial to warrant higher costs. The trim levels are:
- 2016 Volkswagen Jetta S
- 2016 Volkswagen Jetta SE
- 2016 Volkswagen Jetta SEL
- 2016 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
The amazing SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY provides an outstanding core for the 2016 Mazda3:
- 2016 Mazda3: The SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY engine options, the 155-hp 2.0L with 150 lb. ft. torque, and the 184-hp 2.5L with 185 lb. ft. torque form a turbocharged system, with the SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY six-speed transmission, and vehicle dynamics with G-Vectoring control. Of additional note are traction control, smart city brake support, hill launch assist, and a ground clearance of 6.1”.
- 2016 Volkswagen Jetta: There are three engine options for the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta, the 150-hp 1.4L and 170-hp 1.8L with 184 lb. ft. torque, and the 210 2.0L with 207 lb. ft. torque, none of which create a distinctive impression. Transmission is typical, at five or six-speed, and a 5.2” ground clearance poses limits to where you’re navigating.
Stand-out details for the 2016 Mazda3 highlight why it’s top in its class:
- 2016 Mazda3: Ergonomic sports seats, and console and dash designs, augmented noise cancellation, and spacious front 38.6” and rear 37.6” head room, and front 57.2” and rear 54.4” shoulder room, define the comfortability of the 2016 Mazda3. Driver focus is also well addressed through available assistive measures of adaptive front lighting, high beam control, lane keep assist, lane departure, radar cruise control, and rear cross-traffic alert.
- 2016 Volkswagen Jetta: The front 38.2” and rear 37.1” head room, and front 55.2” and rear 53.6” shoulder room present cramped dimensions within the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta. Its safety suite is also diminished, with not much beyond the rearview camera and the blind spot monitoring.
Experience the 2016 Mazda3 at Beach Mazda
Stop in to Beach Mazda and see for yourself how much better the 2016 Mazda3 is over the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta. You can message us online with any questions or requests, or drop by our 851 Jason Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC. showroom. We’re available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and look forward to helping you get the keys to your brand new Mazda3!