How to Get Mold Out of Your Car
If your car has a moldy smell, you’ll want to take care of the problem quick with car mold removal. Learn how to get rid of mold in car seats with Beach Mazda. Warning signs can include a smell like sour milk or discoloration on the seats and carpet. To start, you’ll want to clean and vacuum the inside of the car. Then you can take care of the mold itself. Follow these steps from Beach Mazda near Wilmington to find out how to get mold out of car.
Steps to Car Mold Removal
Removing mold is an important step to keeping your car clean, and if you’re getting ready to sell your car, it’s a critical step.
- Remove any trash or other items from the inside of the car. Mold can spread especially quickly on wet clothing.
- Water damage from a sudden Charleston rainstorm can cause mold to form. Allow the interior to dry before cleaning.
- Use a dry vacuum to clean the car upholstery. Be sure to vacuum everything thoroughly, including under and between the seats.
- Choose your mold cleaner. White vinegar and hot water in a spray bottle is a popular option, and you can mix it with baking soda. This odor remover is particularly effective against black mold. One part water and one part color-safe bleach can also work, but you’ll want to test a patch in an out-of-the-way area first. Otherwise, it could discolor the upholstery.
- With the doors open, spray down the interior of the vehicle. You can use these cleaners on any area of the vehicle, not just areas with mold growth.
- If you’re finding it hard to remove mold from the car’s interior, you can try using the upholstery attachment on a wet-dry vacuum.
- After you’re finished cleaning, be sure to leave the car windows down so the interior can dry. Otherwise, you run the risk of the mold spreading.
More Tips on Getting Rid of Mold
Follow this advice to ensure that you safely remove mold from your vehicle:
- If you find black mold in car seats, or anywhere else in the interior, be sure to use a dust mask. It can irritate the lungs and cause breathing problems. Then learn how to remove mold from car interior with special supplies.
- Enzyme-based cleaners will handle many types of mold, and they can be found in most hardware stores.
- While you can take your car to be detailed at a car wash, it’s unlikely they’ll be able to tackle the problem. You’ll need to take care of it yourself or search out a dedicated car cleaning service.
- Be sure to spray down the entire vehicle when cleaning to truly kill the mold. Mold spores can travel to areas that don’t look affected.
Turn to Beach Mazda for More Car Cleaning Advice
If you choose to purchase a new or used vehicle from Beach Mazda, you’re guaranteed a clean interior that’s free from mold. Our team reconditions every vehicle and makes sure it’s up to our high standards. Any questions about Mazda maintenance schedules or our models? Explore our used inventory and new vehicles online and contact Beach Mazda, your local Mazda dealer, with any questions.
Mazda vehicles are known for style, performance, and technology – but each Mazda safety rating sets a new standard for the modern vehicle. And if rave reviews from Wilmington and Florence drivers aren’t enough proof, the 2019 Mazda CX-5 safety rating showcases the industry acclaim that this brilliant crossover has achieved. Learn MoreBrowse Inventory …
If you’re a Myrtle Beach-area driver looking for an excellent compact SUV that combines efficiency and an energetic driving experience, the 2019 Mazda CX-5 covers all the bases. The CX-5 has an upscale cabin, offering a lot of premium features for the price. If Mazda CX-5 gas mileage is a priority for your drives between Wilmington…
Holiday greetings from Beach Mazda during this wonderful Thanksgiving season…