How to Get Mold Out of Your Car
If your car has a moldy smell, you’ll want to take care of the problem quick. Warning signs can include a smell like sour milk or discoloration on the seats and carpet. To start, you’ll want to clean and vacuum the inside of the car. Then you can take care of the mold itself. Follow these steps from Beach Mazda near Wilmington to find out how to get mold out of car.
Steps to Car Mold Removal
Removing mold is an important step to keeping your car clean, and if you’re getting ready to sell your car, it’s a critical step.
- Remove any trash or other items from the inside of the car. Mold can spread especially quickly on wet clothing.
- Water damage from a sudden Charleston rainstorm can cause mold to form. Allow the interior to dry before cleaning.
- Use a dry vacuum to clean the car upholstery. Be sure to vacuum everything thoroughly, including under and between the seats.
- Choose your mold cleaner. White vinegar and hot water in a spray bottle is a popular option, and you can mix it with baking soda. This odor remover is particularly effective against black mold. One part water and one part color-safe bleach can also work, but you’ll want to test a patch in an out-of-the-way area first. Otherwise it could discolor the upholstery.
- With the doors open, spray down the interior of the vehicle. You can use these cleaners on any area of the vehicle, not just areas with mold growth.
- If you’re finding it hard to remove mold from the car’s interior, you can try using the upholstery attachment on a wet dry vacuum.
- After you’re finished cleaning, be sure to leave the car windows down so the interior can dry. Otherwise you run the risk of the mold spreading.
More Tips on Getting Rid of Mold
Follow this advice to ensure that you safely remove mold from your vehicle:
- If you find black mold in your car, be sure to use a dust mask. It can irritate the lungs and cause breathing problems.
- Enzyme-based cleaners will handle many types of mold, and they can be found in most hardware stores.
- While you can take your car to be detailed at a car wash, it’s unlikely they’ll be able to tackle the problem. You’ll need to take care of it yourself or search out a dedicated car cleaning service.
- Be sure to spray down the entire vehicle when cleaning to truly kill the mold. Mold spores can travel to areas that don’t look affected.
Turn to Beach Mazda for More Car Cleaning Advice
If you choose to purchase a new or used vehicle from Beach Mazda, you’re guaranteed a clean interior that’s free from mold. Our team reconditions every vehicle and makes sure it’s up to our high standards. Any questions? Explore our used inventory and new vehicles online and contact us with any questions.
Mazda left nothing out when they designed the 2018 Mazda6. They used authentic materials like Nappa leather and Japanese Sen Wood. Mazda included their latest technology too. For 2018, Mazda completely re-engineered the Mazda6. It is one of the most comfortable and quiet vehicles on the market. There is also a ton more standard and…
Driving a safe vehicle is of the utmost importance to Mazda. That’s why they developed an entire suite of safety features and driver assist technology. Keep reading to learn more about how Mazda keeps you safe behind the wheel.
The 2019 Mazda CX-5 is stylish inside out, giving drivers the option for bold colors and elegant hues that will have heads turning on Wilmington roads. Explore Mazda CX-5 exterior and interior colors, as well as interior tech and more, at Beach Mazda, then browse our new CX-5 inventory to find the perfect car that fits…