Mazda3: What’s the difference between 4-door and 5-door?
Year in and year out, Mazda3 collects accolades for its design, safety and value, all helping make it the best-selling Mazda in the world. The 2018 Mazda3 receives newly standard features that continue to reinforce the philosophy of putting people first. More safety features at more accessible price points will provide occupants with enhanced peace of mind. The Mazda3 is available in 4-door and 5-door models. Keep reading for details.
What’s the Difference?
Available as a sedan or a hatchback, this Mazda3 is able to handle all sorts of lifestyles, from active to family and everything in between. While passengers can appreciate the premium interior features, the driver will enjoy the driving dynamics set by the philosophy of Jinba Ittai—a harmony between the car and the driver. Subtle exterior tweaks for 2018 elevate the vehicle’s KODO—Soul of Motion design, and help it stand out for its purity of design in addition to its purpose for drivers who appreciate style and substance.
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder, SKYACTIV™-G engine
- 155 horsepower at 6000 rpm
- 150-lb-ft torque at 4000 rpm
- 2.5-liter four cylinder SKYACTIV™-G engine
- 184 horsepower at 5,700 rpm
- 185 lb-ft torque at 3,250 rpm
- SKYACTIV™-MT 6-speed manual or SKYACTIV™-DRIVE 6-speed automatic
- Standard G-Vectoring Control vehicle dynamics enhancement
- PZEV emissions (50 state)
Newly Standard Equipment for 2018:
- Smart City Brake Support is now standard on all Mazda3 models
- SKYACTIV™-G 2.5-liter engine (Touring and above)
- Rear deck lip spoiler (Touring and above)
- Dark silver finish 18” alloy wheels (Touring and above) (new color)
- Overhead console with sunglasses holder and illuminated vanity mirrors (drive and passenger) (Touring and above)
- Bi-LED headlights with auto leveling (Grand Touring)
- LED combination tail lights and daytime running lights (Grand Touring)
- BOSE Moonroof/Satellite Radio Package includes Bose
- 9-speaker audio system, SiriusXM satellite radio with 4-month subscription
- Grand Touring Premium Equipment Package adds High Beam Control, Lane Departure Warning System, Lane-Keep Assist, Mazda Radar Cruise Control, Smart Brake Support and Traffic Sign Recognition
Safety and Security Highlights:
- Newly standard Smart City Brake Support
- Anti-theft engine immobilizer
- LATCH child seat safety tethers
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers (Touring and above)
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (Touring and above)
- Available Traffic Sign Recognition (Grand Touring)
Here’s How They Compare in Size
Do you want to schedule a test drive? Do you need more information about the 2018 Mazda3? Give Beach Mazda a call today!